Friday, March 27, 2009

It's the devil's way now

I got Hail to the Thief on vinyl today at Grimey's. Its official. I am never buying music in any medium besides vinyl for the rest of my life. I don't understand how, but I'm hearing things that I've never heard before. All i have to say is Johnny Greenwood is from a different planet. He makes me want to take theory classes so that I can attempt to comprehend what he is doing. Has anyone ever noticed the hint of Marvin Gaye in Thom York's style? Jakob mentioned it to me a long time ago and now it's all that I hear when I listen to him sing.


I also bought a Whigs album but haven't had the chance to listen to it yet.
This is new territory for me...buying music again!? What's this world coming to...all of the sudden I want to buy all of my favorite albums allll over again on vinyl. Not only does it sound fantastic, but the experience is wonderful. It forces you to listen to an album in it's entirety. You can try to multitask but it won't do much good because after a couple songs you'll have to flip the record.

1 comment: